Main Reasons Why Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Doors Are Popular in Residential Spaces17 December 2021
The use of PVC products is on the rise, and one area where this can be seen is in the construction industry. Whether it is new home builds, or home renovation projects, PVC doors and windows are being used and preferred more and more, for good reasons.
Door styles of PVC material also meet the needs of the present homeowners in a favourable fashion. Options include stacker, sliding, hinged and bi-fold models. At times, the decision of which model is right for your needs will depend upon whether it will be for a main entrance into the house or a patio door. Various colour options are available for both PVC doors and windows in addition to the above style choices.
To help property owners understand why so many people are switching to PVC doors, here are the main reasons why PVC doors are popular in residential spaces.
1. Easy to install – lightweight, PVC doors are easily installed and do not require the same amount of intense labour as typical timber-framed doorways, which means they save property owners money. PVC materials can block out part of the noise that occurs outside your home. As a result, the doors and windows that are made with it can help provide you with quieter home interiors.
2. PVC doors are affordable – When compared to any other materials used for doors, PVC doors are, without a doubt, one of the less expensive available. When comparing the prices of low-end timber and metal doors, you can get a high-end PVC door instead. It makes a very attractive choice for buildings that require the installation of many doors.
3. Corrosion-resistant – compared to metal doors, PVC doors are also easier to maintain because these do not corrode or rust over time, and neither do these lose strength or degrade as the years pass. This means PVC doors maintain their aesthetic appeal, even when exposed to exterior environments.
4. No refinishing required – Both wooden doors and the metal door will eventually need refurnishing throughout their lifespan, To ensure that they are restored in a new condition, but not PVC doors. As time passes, corrosion and rot negatively affect metal and wooden doors, and these need to be refurnished to remain functional and aesthetically appealing, but PVC doors never lose their ‘new’ look, and only require cleaning any dust or dirt build-up using warm water and soap.
5. Recyclable – For green builders, PVC doors are an obvious choice because they are recyclable, and they do not negatively affect the environment. And their use lowers the raw material demand for wooden doors.
If you are considering PVC doors and windows for your next commercial or home renovation project, then let us help you. Our selection of PVC doors and windows, and aluminium doors and windows, are designed to be architecturally appealing and stylish, able to meld naturally with any décor. You are invited to view our gallery and contact us with any questions you may have.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO